Here at Vencru, we understand that a lot of people have a really hard time marketing their business and getting new clients. This is why we have put together this list of actionable marketing strategy. It goes without saying that having a social media presence ie Instagram is super important. This list contains tips beyond Instagram which we will cover in depth in a later post.
- Referrals: This always the starting point on getting your next job. Getting your first? Reach out to family and friends to plan their event. Rather deciding to plan and coordinate for free, plan it for free and handover to them to coordinate. Another hack? Plan it for free but send an invoice with out fees and show you have discounted it to them so next time they have an idea of how much you charge before reaching out to you.
- Pick a niche: As you plan more events, start thinking about an area you’d like to specialize in and be known for. Coker Creative for example, plans different types of events but are also known to throw the best wedding after parties. Zapphaire as well plans all kinds of events, but if you’re thinking of who to plan your owambe of over 1000 people, you think of them first. Decide an area; bridal showers, kids parties, corporate events and be known for it.
- Network: Go out and meet people. Yes you have an Instagram account that’s popping, but you need to connect with people physically as well. Attend industry events, interact with guests during the events you planned. Be kind to the vendors you work with because they can also connect you to your next client.
- Good Service: Yes, we know. It goes without saying but it cannot be over emphasized. The truth is no matter how much you cross your Ts and dot your Is, something, one thing must at least go wrong. The difference is you choose how you get to handle both the situation and the clients expectations. Yes, people are difficult, but this is a service business.
- Build a Strong Brand: This is a long term marketing strategy. Yes, this includes your logo but beyond that, your brand and what you stand for must always be front and center. Every member of your organization has to buy into this as well. We recommend you choose about 4-5 keywords that describe your brand this makes it easier to out this mindset into everything you do.
These are 5 simple tips for creating a marketing strategy for your event planning business. Remember building a business is brick by brick. Don’t get tricked into thinking there are any quick fixes. We hope you enjoyed this post! Do let us know some tips you have used for your own business.
Want access to blogs like this? Signup for Vencru weekly blog